Monday, May 28, 2012

A Nightmare Come True

It's been 9 days since the Champions League final concluded, and it's taken me as many days to accept the outcome.  As an avid FC Bayern München supporter - and being one for 20+ years - one can only imagine the ultimate highs I experienced, and the devastating lows I've finally came to terms with following that fateful finality. I feel as though someone roofied me on my deathbed; no matter how much I frantically kicked the dead air, yelled aloud, or wept like a girl stood up at prom - I could not awake from the horror... I was paralyzed within. It's still very difficult for me to talk about, and not seem somewhat sour; however, I'm not going to banter statistics, but rather, banter perception. All bias aside, for anyone to say the better team won, needs an eye examination and their footy IQ reset.  But that's the beauty of the game: on any given day, dexterity can trump all the skill in the world... and with that being said, I can only extend my congratulations to the victor.  Congrats Blues.